As speaker of the consortium, Prof. Dr. Wolfgang Bokelmann from Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin is the Project Director of HORTINLEA and is also the chair of the project board. Prof. Dr. Hartmut Stützel from Leibniz Universität Hannover and Dr. John Wesonga from Jomo Kenyatta University of Agriculture and Technology are co-speakers.
The principles of transparency, diversity, participation and sustainability are fundamental values of the project that are reflected in the coordination as well as the project activities themselves.
Regular meetings among all project partners will provide the basis for decision-making and coordination in the project. An executive board, reflecting geographical, gender, and institutional diversity, is democratically elected and carries out the function of formal and legitimised decision-making. The project coordinator supports the board with the implementation.
- Prof. Dr. M. Abukutsa-Onyango, Jomo Kenyatta University of Agriculture and Technology
- Prof. Dr. W. Bokelmann, Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin
- Dr. S. Huyskens-Keil, Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin
- Dr. Dagmar Kunze, Leibniz Univeristät Hannover
- Dr. S. Neubert, Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin, Center for Rural Development
- Prof. Dr. H. Stützel, Leibniz Universität Hannover
- Prof. Dr. W. Wanjohi, University of Nairobi
- Dr. John Wesonga, Jomo Kenyatta University of Agriculture and Technology
The project coordinator at Humboldt-Universität, Mr. Zoltán Ferenczi, is primarily responsible for the continuous monitoring and management of project results in HORTINLEA. Amongst other tasks, he provides the Board with the information required to take effective and legitimate decisions and supports the Board with the implementation of these decisions.
Dr. John Mwibanda Wesonga from Jomo Kenyatta University of Technology and Agriculture, Kenya Coordinator carries out coordination activities in Kenya amongst others with regards to reporting obligations and the organisation of the HORTINLEA Annual Meetings.